Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Day 20 Cozumel, Mexico

Sunny day. Temp about 73. Seas have calmed from what we've had the past few days.

After mediocre trivia and tribond, we headed off the ship in Cozumel to pick up meds. Oh my gosh, the pier was a very long walk. Luckily, the drug store was almost the first store once we finally got to shore. I got more robitussin dm for my cough since has been working OK.

Jill's oncology nurse, Gina, suggested a z-pack. The drug store had meds they called z-pack and they were able to give Jill directions since they were packed differently from what she gets in the US. Hope it's the same stuff. She seemed satisfied. She has already taken the first dose. We heard from Gina regarding dosage - slightly different and Jill will shift to Gina's dosage.

Now that we are restocked on meds, seems like a good time to relax. We'll probably eat in a few minutes. Then...I think I am up for a nap.

Well...what a beautiful sunset tonight. (Pics attached) Jill is feeling better after starting to take the z-pack. Hopefully, she'll get a good night's sleep. She ate well at dinner tonight - so, that's a good start.

Not much else very eventful today. Kinda sad to realize that we must pack tomorrow. I understand that we have been gone quite a while. But, I am never ready to leave a cruise. Jill commented today that she might be ready to go home. But, I think that might have more to do with our (my) health issues than anything. I am already anxious to go on the July Mediterranean cruise.

Oh well...day at sea.

No comments: