Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Breathing

Let me say that breathing is definitely NOT over-rated. Neither is symptom relief.

Since having the talc pleurodesis about 11 days ago, things have really taken a positive turn for me. With something like 1 1/2 gallons of fluid drained from my right lung (the one with the adenocarcenoma), I am feeling so much better. Sure, I still have some dull pain in my side/back. And, I am still coughing to clear congestion.

But, I can breath. My portable oxygen level is dialed down to 1.5 versus the previous 3 to 4 just to feel like I was getting enough oxygen. I am now able to get back into the office for a full day. I have more appetite. It is a real pleasure.

So...there is obviously something good to be said for symptom relief. Even though the surgery didn't do anything in terms treating my lung cancer, it was a huge benefit in terms of how I feel.



Take care and be well. - JimA


Sent via Blackberry. Please excuse short answers and typos.

No comments: