Sunday, August 2, 2009

Bandage off

Well...today I decided to wash up and to take off the bandage/dressing. The incisions seem to be healing fine. There appear to be two incisions - each about an inch. I can't see them closely except by reflection in a mirror. But, Jill says that the incisions are dry and aren't draining. So, I decided to skip putting on a new bandage. When I was released, the RN said the main reason I would put on a bandage would be to protect my clothes.

I did have a little pain (more of a dull pulling in my side) this AM when we went out for breakfast. Took pain meds when we got home and it seems to be OK for now.

Julie, Penny and Michael just left for the return drive to St Louis. We had a very nice short visit. This was our first time to meet Michael. He seems to be a nice guy.

Earlier, Jill and I went out to get a few groceries. I'll count that as one of my walks. I continue to do well. Breathing is much better than it has been in a while - probably more than a month or six weeks. I still have an occasional cough - but not really too much.

The way I feel right now I am pretty sure that I will give it a try to go into the office. Hopefully, people there will recognize me! It has been a while.


Take care and be well. - JimA


Sent via Blackberry. Please excuse short answers and typos.

No comments: