Saturday, August 1, 2009


Well...not that things are perfect; but, I feel like I'm getting better each day.

Julie, Penny and Michael got here late last night - about 11-ish. Haven't seen them for a few weeks and this is our intro to the boyfriend. We stayed up chatting for a little while.

I slept very well. Didn't wake up until around 6am. And, I went back to sleep. Jill and I got up around 7:30 to go to the Farmer's Market. Jill got sweet corn and some bakery. I got my first doyle blackberries of the year - the best blackberries in the world!! Nothing like a small mixing bowl with 1/2 Cheerios and 1/2 blackberries. The absolute best. Geez, I am so glad that I have an appetite back.

Walking the market was good. I started my "short walks" yesterday afternoon. At the house, I just walked a short distance - maybe 40 or 50 yards. The market was probably a little more.

This afternoon we plan to take the kids to PF Changs. I want to get the hot & sour soup. It was the first "real food" that I could eat once I felt that I could eat out again. The soup has lots of stuff in it and has a nice kick.

This afternoon we will probably kick back to watch the White Sox.

Health wise, I am doing pretty well. My breathing is good - can't take really deep breaths yet - but I'm getting there. Using the 1.5 O2 setting is working out fine.

The pain in my right side is dulling. I am taking the pain meds. But, I'm trying to keep it at minimum levels. I take two before bed; but I keep it down to one other times. I'm contemplating trying my first showere today. Will need to remove and deal with dressing whatever wound is left.

Since I haven't done much lately, I get tired pretty quickly. But, that should improve over time. I have follow ups with both Einhorn and Birdas during the next couple weeks. I'm hoping for a break - just give me a couple weeks to recover before hitting me with whatever is next. Cross your fingers.

1 comment:

Abandoning Eden said...

awwwwww parent boyfriend meetings! :)