Thursday, July 9, 2009

Onboard

Wednesday we boarded the Holland America Noordam. This is a sister ship of several we have sailed. So, finding our way around won't be difficult. We will onboard for 10 days.

We are in a Concierge Suite with Dee. This is the typical suite that we book on HAL. It is the size of two normal cabins. It has a nice separate dressing area, a big verandah, both tub & shower and lots of closet & drawer space.

We were able to get the kids an upgrade. They had a regular, non-verandah cabin. At the last minute HAL offered a very inexpensive upgrade to a verandah cabin at the rear of the ship. It actually has a verandah about 2X normal due to its position on the ship.

So...we are all settled into our cabins. Jill and Dee wandered the ship a little while I rested in the cabin. The morning and check-in wore me out.

Dinner was uneventful. We have an excellent table. We are at a window at the rear of the ship. Since we have early seating at 5:45, I expect that we will have a very good view as we sail out of some of the ports.

Good menu - prime rib and salmon. Unfortunately, my appetite continues to be almost non-existent. I had soup.

I went back to the cabin to sleep - which I did until about 3:45. After that, I napped off and on until 6AM. Jill and Dee both just woke up at 6:30. Apparently, they were out until 10:20 - a record.

I feel OK right now. Jill is doing well. Mom said "I slept so well." So...all is well in our world.

Sent from my BlackBerry wireless handheld.

No comments: