Sunday, May 24, 2009

Changing Tarceva

Well... After a week or so enduring the increasing itch/pain of the Tarceva-acne sores all over my face, I emailed Dr E with photos. He said that I need to give my skin a break. I am to stop taking the Tarceva for 3 or 4 days.

Once I have stopped a few days, I restart the Tarceva every other day. When I see Dr E on June 10, we'll talk about Tarceva dosage going forward. He may lower the daily dosage from 150 mg to 100 mg - or maybe 50 mg.

I hate to reduce the dosage since Dr E says it appears to be working. But, it has gotten to a point where I can't stand the sores on my face. It's been driving me absolutely nuts. Hopefully, it will still continue to work well at the lower dose.





Take care and be well. - JimA


Sent via Blackberry. Please excuse short answers and typos.

No comments: