Sunday, May 27, 2007

tired but not a bad day

Today is day three after my second chemo. No leg bone pain this time. Have a bit of overall body numbness and feel like I am in a bit of a haze. But, no real pain. Managed to get some laundry done and we went out to get groceries. Doing a few mundane typical life activities makes things seem at least a bit normal. In general, the chemo this time around has mainly been more tiring and I think I have slept quite a bit more. Remaining stuff from my last bout with the last chemo - inside of lips and gums are still not 100% but they are much much better. Nasal linings are finally starting to heal. Most of the dry, peeling skin from the rash has just about finished healing. I am focussing on eating plenty of food - even when I don't actually feel hungry. Lost 6 pounds between first and second chemo. I think I have managed to put on a pound in the last couple days. Closely monitoring temp - no temp so far. Monitoring blood pressure per request of Dr Forkin. I will fax her about 5 or 6 days BP history so that she can make a decision about what to do with my BP med. I have been off the BP med since Thursday when Dr Einhorn asked that I stop and work with Dr Forkin about readjusting the med. BP has been running just slightly high since Saturday.

Jill made sloppy joes for lunch today and has put in a crockpot pork roast for tomorrow. We are hoping to end up with a great pulled pork for sandwiches. I feel a little bad that I didn't have enough energy to really be any help. But, she seems to have managed through it alone. The sloppy joes were great.

No comments: