Sunday, May 6, 2007

first days after chemo

Yesterday was my first day after getting chemo on Friday. Chemo and other meds took 7 1/2 hours - very long day. So far, with the nausea meds, I have been reasonably OK. Took a little time mid-day Saturday to buy a MacBook so that I can deal with internet, games, etc throughout the house. Setting up the wireless wasn't too difficult. Played a little poker until I started to feel a little funky. Slept again in the family room. Restless, coughing, etc - didn't want to keep Jill from sleeping.

I seem to be somewhat OK as long as I am sitting or at least relatively inactive. Lose my energy pretty quickly when I try to do much. Stomach has been a little queezy today - but not too bad. Have tried to keep eating on schedule even though I am actually not hungry. That's what the papers from the doc say to do.