Thursday, May 31, 2007

short chemo today

Today was my day for a second infusion of the gemcitabine. Saw the doctor for a quick check, discussion about how I feel, etc. Not much change over the past few days since the chemo infusion last Thursday. My energy level has been a little lower each day - but nothing significant. So far, still no real painful or really negative side effects. The slight haze or fog throughout my body continues. The infusion today was really only about 30 minutes - close to 90 minutes with all the IV prep and removal. Barely got in a short nap before everything was done. Went in to the office after the infusion - but my energy faded pretty quickly after having started the day so much earlier than usual - had to get to the doctor's office about 7:45. So...by 2PM, I was headed home for a nap.

Oh, Cindy decided that she was going to order from Steak N Shake today. I got a couple steakburgers with everything. Oh my gosh, it was the first time in days, maybe weeks, that I could really truly taste something. I'm not sure it was actually the burger - probably the thick onion, tomato, pickles and other goodies that I tasted. But, it was a good change from the turkey sandwiches that I have been having for a while.

No comments: