Saturday, May 26, 2007

Day 1 after second chemo

After what we hope to be good news during last visit with Dr Einhorn, we are back into the routine of chemo infusions. Chemo was Thursday and it is now Saturday AM. Friday went reasonably well. Only real side effect so far is that I am pretty tired. Napped off and on much of the day. Between naps I emailed Dr E and he gave me the go ahead to get a massage. A new chain place called Massage Envy opened close to us and had a really good deal offer for a first try massage. After checking to be sure that they could handle a somewhat softer massage due to the possibility of bruising from the chemo, decided to give it a go. Great decision. Their facilities are less fancy than the typical spa on the cruise ships, but very adequate and the massage was very good. Clearly she understood the type of massage needed in my health situation. Then, back to napping/lounging around. Friday night, we joined our usual monthly pinochle group and I was able to handle about 3 1/2 hours of cards. It was good to get out. By the end of the night, I was moving a bit slow and was pretty tired; but, it worked out OK. After a good night sleep, I still don't have any onerous side effects. Legs a little fuzzy - but it just means paying attention when I walk and I am walking a little slow. Still feeling slightly weary - but not too bad. Will probably make a "field trip" today and go to the grocery store. And, later this afternoon, we have early dinner reservations with Connie and Jake at Hollyhock Hill. Can't wait for their fabulous chicken dinner. That's all for now.

No comments: