Tuesday, May 22, 2012

5/22/12 Eyes getting better

After a few days using the eye ointment from Dr Phan and doubling up on eye drops, my eyes are getting much better. Minimal crusting. Most redness gone. Woke up early today and came to the office about 8:45. Energy level is OK. Now, I don't feel like I could fall asleep. Have started using the RadiaPlex Gel for radiation dermatitis - somewhat like a sunburn. Dr H had given me the gel in anticipation of this side effect on my bald head. A positive is that my hands are getting softer from applying the gel at least 3 times per day.

But...I forgot that today was a scheduled building emergency evacuation test at 9:00. I remembered at 8:55 and headed for the elevator, went out to the fountain next to the building, sat on a bench in the sun and played yatzee on my iPhone. Watched as the Simon folks walked in orderly single file out their designated doors and walked to their emergency meeting locations - mostly a block or so away. No way that I could walk down 10 floors for a test! For a real emergency, I would hustle down the stairs. But...not for a practice.

Apparently, the people from my area left at 8:45 and headed to a restaurant for breakfast. They came back around 10-ish. That's the advantage of remembering.

No comments: