Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What a day!

Today I started my first out-of-town business trip in a very long time. Took a 4 1/2 hour flight to Vegas to attend the SPREE conference. MT, my new boss, came with me

Turned out to be a very productive day. But, I am wiped out. My feet are killing me. I walked more and stood more than I have in years. Had the chance to visit with many friends - haven't seen some of them in years. They have all been kind and supportive. Pre-diagnoses, pre-chemo and pre-radiation today would have been a blast. I am very glad I came to the conference. But, I know I will pay for it with a very worn out body.

With long flight and 3-hour time zone change, my body is out of whack and I haven't eaten as well as normal. Tomorrow I have a very full day. Visiting local properties with MT and, then, we have a full afternoon of meetings.

I miss Jill. I can't even remember the last time when she wasn't with me. But, I think it would have been even harder on her to make this trip. She will also have a rough day tomorrow - filled with more testing and seminars re: treatment. It will be a rough day for her and I will wish that I was with her to help her through it. I will be thinking of her all day.

No comments: