Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Been a while

Apparently, it has been a while since I did an update. I know because so many people have emailed asking how I am doing since I haven't blogged for a while.

Before I write about my health, I need to mention my friend and business mentor, Melvin Simon. Melvin passed away today and this is a very sad day for me. He has been a big influence on me and our family during the past 15 years. I was privileged to spend a good amount of personal time with Melvin.

The Indy Star has quite a few articles about Melvin today. He was a huge personality and his influence on Indianapolis will be felt for many years. For me, I will always remember the private times and travels with Melvin. If you don't know much about him, read the articles today at IndyStar.com. His life, business success and good deeds are worth learning.

OK...as for me, I am doing so-so. Mostly, I am experiencing significant fatigue. This is an expected side-effect of my latest chemo - Alimta. However, I am never quite ready for this type of fatigue - even though I've had it several times.
I am sleeping a lot - 10+ hours every day. So...I haven't blogged because I've been sleeping. I can be watching TV and just fall asleep for a hour or more.

With the added muscle fatigue, I can't do much of anything physical without feeling wiped out. Dr Einhorn says I need to just run the course and get through it.

That means that I haven't been to the office for two days. It wouldn't be safe for me to drive right now. My blood oxygen saturation level has been good at 95 to 98. So, I am not having an issue with oxygen intake. I'm taking it one day at a time for now.

I've had two infusions so far and am scheduled for another next Wednesday. I will get around six to eight total infusions. So...I guess I better get used to this.



Take care and be well. - JimA


Sent via Blackberry. Please excuse short answers and typos.

No comments: