Sunday, April 5, 2009

worse, nap, better

So...just a lazy Sunday. Didn't sleep very well last night. Cough has kicked up - probably because yesterday was a no-steroid day. I suspect that the steroid was helping to control the cough. When the cough kicked in, it totally kept me from sleeping. So...I finally took some of my Rx cough med and headed downstairs so I wouldn't keep Jill awake.

In the end, I did get some sleep - as did Jill. When I finally got up around 10:45, I kinda felt like crap. Foot swelling was back up. Throat and mouth were gummy, dry, scratchy and generally yucky. Luckily, we didn't have anything planned and Jill said she was OK with a do-nothing day. That is usually difficult for her - she is not a person to sit around.

After doing nothing for quite a while, we decided to do even less - we laid down to take a nap. I took some cough med and we laid down. Turned on the overhead fan for a little breeze and I was out. When I woke up about 5:45 I felt so much better. Still have the problem with the cough - but, I took 1/2 steroid this morning and I think that helped. I guess I can expect that kind of up and down when I go from 1/2 steroid to no steroid days. The weaning schedule has me finally finishing the steroid this coming Thursday.

Jill made tortellinis in broth again tonight. Love it!! My appetite is closer to normal now that I am well into the steroid weaning schedule. But...the leftovers will make great lunch at work and will be really easy to heat up.

No comments: