Monday, June 14, 2010

Cruise food

Apparently, I haven't discussed food enough. So...here are some added comments.

Most of the food was what I would call typical cruise ship food. I had a variety - steak, salmon, chicken, and lamb. Desserts were typically very good. If a dessert included chocolate mousse or was souffle, I had it. For some reason, I ate a lot more bread/butter than usual.

Jill ate small portions - usually mainly the protein - beef or chicken.

We ordered breakfast in our cabin almost every day. Went to the dining room once; but, ate the same things. So we figured there was no reason to bother leaving the cabin early. Most lunches were in the Lido Restaurant. Stir-fried rice or noodles with chicken or beef. Bread pudding and chocolate bread pudding most days.

A few times we had to eat on the run due to excursion timing. Missed a couple lunches.

I can't wait to get home on a scale. I think I have actually gained a few pounds. But, I'm sure that Jill probably lost wait since she ate such small amounts at all meals.

So...that's the food update.

No comments: