Wednesday, July 18, 2007

last chemo for now - we hope

Last Thursday, I had what I hope will be my last chemo for a while. Unfortunately, it has reached a point where every chemo infusion kicks my butt. This one was no different. The blood work before the chemo showed that my blood counts were quite low. In fact, the hemoglobin count was only 9 versus a normal range of 12 - 14. That would explain the issue of lost energy. The Friday after chemo wasn't too bad - but Saturday, Sunday and Monday were pretty rough. As usual, got a little better each day beginning Monday. Today, Wednesday, I am finally able to get into work. Have been having splitting headaches. Dr Einhorn scheduled me for a head MRI just to ensure that the cancer had not spread to my brain. I got a call Tuesday afternoon to confirm that my head was completely clear. Dr Forkin adjusted my blood pressure meds since the BP was pretty high. BP started to finally come down on Tuesday. Next Monday I will have a PET/CT scan and will see Dr Einhorn to talk about progress and next steps.

No comments: