Friday, July 6, 2007

another long day

Well...yesterday was another very long day of chemo. At the meeting with Dr Einhorn first, he indicated that he thinks there is a good chance this may be the last chemo treatment. That would certainly be nice. It would be great to have enough time to really recover before getting slammed again. It wasn't too bad other than being very tired - not sure if that was the chemo or sitting in the chair for 7 hours. Slept until around 10:30 this morning. Don't feel too bad right now. Not sure I would want to drive downtown to work - but OK since I am just sitting around. I set an appt to see Dr Forkin on Monday. Dr Einhorn thinks my BP is running a bit high and wants me to talk with her about maybe adjusting my BP med. Apparently, the avastin that I am getting and will be getting for a year has a tendency to elevate BP. Next PET/CT scan is July 23 and I meet with Dr Einhorn on July 25. I imagine we will discuss status and next steps. The last PET/CT scan was after two chemo treatments and this will be after a total of four. So...I hope there will have been considerable progress.

We had a very busy July 4. I grilled steaks, burgers and brats. Also put pouches on the grill filled with potatoes & onions and peppers, onions, celery & garlic. Jill made potato salad, sweet corn & sliced cucumbers. It was very delicious - and very tiring. We haven't prepared that kind of meal in quite a while. Glad the kids were here to pitch in a little help - and to eat it so that we could make a good variety. Can't do that kind of thing with just the two of us.

Looks like Brett and Arielle are staying until around Sunday. So, we are going to make lasagna tonight. Hopefully, my energy will hold up so I can be helpful with the prep and cooking.

No comments: