Monday, July 11, 2011

another tumor

Well, it appears that things are still evolving. Talked with Dr H today regarding the brain MRI done last Wednesday. He advised me that there appears to be another spot - not actually in my brain - but, in the fluid by my brain stem. They must now wait to decide what to do about the brain lesions until I have a full spine MRI to determine if the cancer has spread down my spine. If there is a spread to the spine, Gamma Knife radiosurgery will not be an option. If there isn't a spread to the spine, they can still consider the Gamma Knife. So...Wednesday I will be spending a long late afternoon getting the spine MRI. They will do the spine scan in 3 sections - each about as long as the brain MRI - about 35 minutes each. I will be given a chance to sit up and stretch between sections.

Over the weekend, Dr E indicated that finding cancer on the gallbladder shouldn't impact my continued participation in the Crizotinib study. We go forward with the regularly scheduled chest and abdomen CT next Wednesday.

No comments: