Saturday, February 6, 2010

Remission

Looks like I forgot to post regarding my appointment with Dr Einhorn this past Wednesday. Most important - my lung cancer continues in remission. In fact, he said that my CT scan looked very good compared to the last CT scan in July. So...I am not taking any meds/chemo or other treatments at this time. I am still approved for the test chemo from the NIH; but, will not start it until my lung cancer is active. My last extended remission was 18 months - that was August, 2007 to March, 2009. If I am lucky, maybe I won't have any chemo for a year or so. Will just have to wait and see what happens.

I see my radiation oncologist, Dr Hendersen, regarding the brain lesions on Feb 17 after getting an MRI on Feb 11. Haven't had any neurological side effects yet. So...hopefully I will get more good news. The radiation did cause the funkiness in my eyes and development of cataracts in both eyes. But, we are dealing with that and I will have cataract surgery when Dr Zlioba says I am ready.

Otherwise, no other real symptoms beyond the usual fatigue. It just slows me down and I need to limit activity. Thankfully, my very kind neighbor used his snowblower on my driveway last night and this morning. We got quite a bit of snow - maybe 8" or more. I'm pretty sure that would have been too much for me to handle.

And...tomorrow is the Super Bowl. We will be glued to the TV rooting for the Colts!!

1 comment:

Abandoning Eden said...

yay!!! That is great news!!! :)