Sunday, June 21, 2009

Re: HI

Doing OK. Change of Tarceva and addition of an antibiotic really helped my face. Appetite is so-so. I'm down about 20 lbs. Kinda have to push myself to be sure to eat.

We are getting ready for the trip. Almost all arrangements done except for oxygen service which I will get finalized this week.

Now it comes down to whether I'll be able to handle the excursions that I have booked. Body is running perhaps 50 to 70%. Definitely not 100% yet.
So...that's that. I made it into the office 5 days last week. Some days were just 5 or 6 hours - but I was able to be productive.

When we get back in July, I have follow up tests for radiation therapy (brain), right chest (cancer) and left lung (pulmonary embolism - blood clot in the lung). Once I'm back, they will do all this testing to determine progress.

So, we'll just enjoy ourselves the best we can until we're back in Indy for testing.

Jill is doing pretty well. She and her mom should be able to handle the excursions. And, should all be OK. Only issue is going to be me. And...I'm just going have to make it work.

Should be a good set of excursions for the kids. Brett and Arielle will be doing some of the same excursions as us. But, they have booked a few on there own -activities that we would not be able to handle.

So...that's what's happening here. Trying to focus on sleep, some exercise, try to eat, control the skin and finish up last arrangements.

Take care and be well. - JimA


Sent via Blackberry. Please excuse short answers and typos.

----- Original Message -----
From: RHETA ALLEN [rheta8@yahoo.com]
Sent: 06/21/2009 07:36 PM MST
To: Jim Allen
Subject: HI


How are you? Haven't heard from you for awhile. Rheta

No comments: