Sunday, June 14, 2009

Oh my!

I haven't written much in the couple weeks. Haven't felt real well, haven't been into work and spent most of the time figuring what to do to feel better.

Let's deal with non-medical first. For weeks we have planned on visiting Julie this weekend. For a couple weeks, it looked like that wouldn't happen. But, I told Jill I was determined to make it happen. We just got home a few minutes ago - so we did make it. The drive was tough and required quite a few stops.

We got to see Julie's new single apartment. It is definitely a keeper. Wood floors throughout. Good room sizes. Very nice.

Jill took Julie shopping for a few necessities. So, we ran around much of Saturday - some times I went in and some times I rested in the car.

Now, medical stuff. The new antibiotic for my skin seems to be working. Obviously, the reduced Tarceva dose may also be helping.

I am having problems with my eyes. They are kinda crusting up. I imagine it is yet another side effect from the Tarceva. I need to use a wet wash rag to rinse them out every few hours. I use a product called "tears" and it helps.

Oh, when we got to the hotel, for the first time, my oxygen equip wasn't there. Had to scramble around calling the O2 company. They finally got everything there within 90 minutes or so. They have always been excellent in the past - and, actually, were pretty good at how quickly they reacted.

So...that should have everyone caught up.


Take care and be well. - JimA


Sent via Blackberry. Please excuse short answers and typos.

No comments: