Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Long day of tests

Today was a long day of tests to confirm qualification for the study of a new lung cancer drug being tested.  I have been previously approved by IU and the NIH.  However, now the drug maker, Pfizer, must agree.  I already had a chest CT last week (which indicated that my lung cancer is active again) and a brain MRI (which confirmed that I have no new brain lesions and no existing lesion growth).  Today, I had an abdomen/pelvis CT, a bone scan, an eye exam, blood tests, and an EKG.  I also met with the Research Nurse to discuss consent and process for the study.  If all tests are OK, I may be able to start taking the drug Thursday or Friday.  The ophthalmologist also determined that I have some type of irritation in my right eye that has caused a little edema (swelling) of the retina - which explains the red I have had in the right eye occasionally.  She will treat it with some prescription drops.

No comments: