Sunday, October 18, 2009

Weekend in St Louis

Well...we have had a very nice weekend in St Louis with Julie. We drive over on Friday afternoon. Met up with Julie and Michael for a late light dinner at Lion's Choice. We still consider their roast beef sandwich to be the best you can get.

Checked into the Spring Hill Suites - nice little Marriott - all suites. Very convenient location. We pretty much went straight to bed.

Saturday AM we had the hotel free breakfast - nice for me but not a lot of choices for Jill. After killing the morning, Julie called to have lunch (Lion's Choice again) and off to do a little shopping. They both found WigWam warm wool socks. For me, it was good because I am focused on reducing my dependence on portable oxygen - doing pretty well so far. I told the doc that I would like to try to be off the portable oxygen by Thanksgiving.

Then, Julie wanted to take a drive through Lone Elk Park. Used to be a frequent tradition when we lived here. Saw lots of bison and a few elk. Nice drive.

After an afternoon of shopping and driving, we went back to the hotel and took "pass out" naps. Both of us slept very deeply and just woke up in time for dinner with Julie and her friend, Adrienne. Went to Guido's on The Hill. As expected, excellent food. Jill and I were both stuffed. Perhaps the most food I've eaten in weeks. Jill is a bit uncomfortable cuz she also ate lots. But, it was delicious.

Julie suggested brunch tomorrow with Michael and his parents tomorrow. But we've decided that would just be too much and we want to get on the road back home.

All and all, it has been a very nice visit. Julie is preparing to start Vet Tech school in about a week. I think she will really like it and she will end up doing work that she will enjoy - at least I hope so. Her training is something like 16 to 18 weeks.

Oh, and boyfriend, Michael has a purchase contract on a house. Julie took us by to see it nice little "cottage looking" place. Looks nice.

So...long drive back home tomorrow. About 5 hours depending upon how many short naps I will need.


Take care and be well. - JimA


Sent via Blackberry. Please excuse short answers and typos.

No comments: