Saturday, October 24, 2009

time flies

Well...it seems like time just flies by. Another week is gone. No chemo or doc appts this week. I did have long work meetings Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday this week. The meetings ran until 5:00, 5:30 and later - pretty late for me. So, I treated myself to a long massage on Friday.

Best news this week is that I am making good progress on cutting down the oxygen use. Haven't taken the tank to my office all week - including the days with the long meetings. I did have a tank with me in the car just in case. But, didn't need to use it. I have gone the entire day today without oxygen - including shopping and eating out. I am starting to think I might be able to drop the oxygen before my Thanksgiving goal.

I did have a bit of stomach issue late yesterday. Without details, let's just say that I had extreme pain from what I assume was gas.  'Nuf said. Much better this morning. Didn't really eat much yesterday. So, I assume it was the fried rice that we made at home last night. Other than that, I have been feeling pretty well. My eyes are still watering; but, at least I am not having the crusting and more significant issues. Appetite has been so-so. But, I have been eating more than before and drinking the nutrition drinks. I haven't gained any weight; but, I also haven't lost any more.

Since I am thinking that my weight may be somewhat stable for now, I bought 4 belts today. Now I can keep my pants from falling!! Next, I will order some pants - maybe tonight. Since I get my jeans from Land's End and my dress pants from Land's End and LL Bean, it won't be too difficult. Just need to drop the waist size down 2 inches.

No comments: