Monday, April 16, 2012

4/16/2012 First whole brain radiation - second time around

Early today was my 1st whole brain radiation treatment. Well...it is the 1st for this time around. Actual 1st whole brain radiation was 3 years ago. See my March 16, 2009 post of a pic of the mask. I have a new mask that is pretty much the same. It firmly holds my head to prevent movement. It's a good thing that I am not claustrophobic! Treatment this morning was less than 30 minutes (including a few once-every-fifth-treatment xrays) and I was in the office by 9AM. As was the case in '09, I don't really have any impact from the radiation yet. I went back to re-read the '09 posts so I could see my reactions at that time. It appears that considerable fatigue will occur after multiple treatments. Dr H thinks I may experience greater fatigue since this is my 2nd round of whole brain radiation. I guess I will wait to learn if I experience any of the other side effects.

No comments: