Wednesday, April 11, 2012

4/11/12 Brain Radiation

Well...I learned this morning that I will be receiving another round of whole brain radiation. It seems that the MRI last week indicates 4 new lesions. There are now 8 lesions that have not yet been treated and there are 2 lesions that have been treated previously but have now grown. Considering the growth in my right eye iris and some balance issues that I have experienced, Dr's Henderson (radiation oncology - brain), Witt (neurosurgery - brain), Einhorn (oncology - lungs) and Phan (ophthalmology - eyes) have discussed treatment options.

After discussing with me, it seems that the most logical, proactive approach is to have whole brain radiation. I go in this afternoon to have a mask created - probably similar to the mask used in 2009. I will also see Dr H to discuss treatment schedule. I need to go back to my 2009 postings to remind myself of the side effects that I had the first time I had whole brain radiation. Dr H feels that, even though I had significant side effects, this is the best treatment option.

No comments: