Saturday, August 25, 2007

Bergen, Norway

Not much to report today. We slept in again and had a late breakfast in our cabin.

We had planned on taking a local tour bus into town since the onboard port person had said it picked up at the port. Well...it doesn't. In fact, we would need to make a 15 to 20 minute walk into town to catch the bus there. Go figure.

A local helping the ship staff said "Welcome to Norway. We walk a lot." Jill & I told him that we don't and we turned around to reboard the ship. We walked quite a bit yesterday and certainly weren't up to it again today. I guess they just don't want the shopping money from us if they can't make it convenient.

So...we just relaxed onboard. Played pictionary with a few others. Trivia is soon this afternoon.

In general, my opinion of Norway after 3 ports is about the same as the last time we were here - not a big deal. You do see nice scenic fjords but they all start to look the same and they're not as good as scenic cruising in Alaska. The glassblowing was interesting - but otherwise, I wouldn't go out of my way to come back.

So, Denmark was worth seeing. Norway is a so-so place for my taste.

No comments: