Friday, April 27, 2007

I learn that I have lung cancer

Well... yesterday, Thursday, April 26, 2007 at a 9:30AM appt with Dr. Mason Goodman, I first received the definite diagnosis that I have lung cancer. Specifically, adenocarcinoma. Since I typically use lots of emails for communication, I figured that starting a blog might be a good way to keep track of my thoughts, feelings, status, treatments, etc. Tonight's post won't be long since we leave tomorrow for St. Louis to see Julie. Both kids know about my condition; but, this will be the first time that I have seen either of them since the news. For now, we are pretty much waiting for the appt next Wednesday with Dr. Larry Einhorn at IU Cancer Center. Once he examines me, I would guess that we will start to know more about what to expect going forward. We plan to tell him that we want the more aggressive approach to treatment that makes sense. So... we'll see what happens next.

No comments: