Wednesday, December 1, 2010

End of 1st cycle

Apparently, crizotinib is given in 21-day cycles and I have just finished the 1st cycle. So...I went in today for blood draw and an EKG first thing this morning. Then, saw Dr Einhorn. We discussed my status and side effects so far - basically, very minor stuff. Dr E signed off on the paperwork for me to start the 2nd cycle - which I started today. After that, I had lunch at the Bistro and had to wait 2 hours from the time I took the pills for another EKG and blood draw. At this time, everything looks good. Won't really know anything until 12/22 when I go back for the tests and get a CT.

It is different being in a study because I don't just keep taking the pills. I had to turn in the Rx bottles and remaining pills (along with my medication diary) and got new Rx bottles/pills for the next cycle. I guess they do that as a double-check to confirm the number of pills vs what I put on the diary. I did forget one evening dose so they would be able to see that when they count the remaining pills.

No comments: