Tuesday, August 5, 2008

acupuncture

Well...I am amazed at the progress being made on my frozen shoulder by Dr Yang. Just over a week ago, I had an almost constant throbbing in my shoulder and upper arm and I had a range of motion of about 35 degrees - I could raise my arm straight to the side about to waist height. Now, after four treatments, most of the pain is gone and I can raise my arm to the side just over my shoulder - maybe about 100 degrees. I am now able to do things that were painful - like tucking in my shirt, reaching into my back left pocket, closing my car door. I am really pleased with the progress.

Yesterday, she started treatment for the peripheral neuropathy in my feet. She is using acupuncture and electrical pulse treatments. My feet seem better today; but, I am waiting to see of any improvements stay with me.

It was kinda funny on Sunday - we had cards at our house and had five other couples playing. When the topic of my acupuncture came up, all of the strange comments, myths, etc started coming up. However, nobody could deny the progress of my improved range of motion in my arm and the reduction of the pain. Most people were still a little uncomfortable because I think there is such a lack of knowledge and understanding about Chinese medicine.

No comments: